Admission Information for International Students
The minimum academic requirements for international applicants are:
- Official evidence of an educational-level equivalent to graduation from an accredited, American high school with a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Evidence of above-average ability in an academic curriculum as verified by official transcripts or satisfactory test scores.
- Applicants with advanced standing must submit evidence of above-average achievement (2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale) in their college-level courses.
- Graduate applicants must submit degree certification indicating equivalency to a U.S. bachelor's or master's degree.
- For an international student application and complete list of admission requirements, please contact Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) MS 074, University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, NV 89557. The office may also be reached by telephone: (775) 784-6874, fax, (775) 327-5845 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All new international students must report to the Office of International Students and Scholars with current visa documents. The OISS is located in the Fitzgerald Student Services Building, room 120 and may be reached by phone at (775) 784-6874 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Students must also report to the Intensive English Language Center (IELC) for the BRIDGE English placement test before registering. The center is located in Edmund J. Cain Hall, Room 220. To reach the office by phone, call (775) 784-6075. Based on the results of the test, the student may be required to take additional English language courses during the first semester on campus. Students will be given additional check-in procedures at the Office of International Students and Scholars.
- Please note that international students without the required TOEFL or IELTS score may also apply to study English at the Intensive English Language Center and may be eligible for a conditional acceptance. Please see the Research and Services section of this catalog for more information.